Vanessa has put together this great class for us today using Fancy Pants Rusted Sun papers.
• Base cardstock 21.5 x 28 cm (8.5 x 11 inches)
• Two portrait photographs, 8.5 x12.5 cm
• Two sheets of patterned paper – one of which has elements that can be cut out. (I’ve used papers from the Rusted Sun
collection by Fancy Pants).
1. Firstly, spray at least four of your flowers with the mica mists and put aside to dry. I’ve used Mica Gold on the brown flowers and Rich Coffee on the yellow flowers.
2. Using the same flowers or different ones, place them randomly on the top half of the page to create a mask and then spray the page with the Mica mist. I used both the Rich Coffee and Gold.
3. Once the page is dry, ink the edges with brown chalk ink and also the edges of your photographs. Cut a piece of coordinating patterned paper to approximately 9.5cm x 17cm and stick to the bottom left of the page (landscape) leaving an approximate 3cm border.
4. Place your photographs over the patterned paper, the left photograph slightly higher than the right photo and also to the right side of the page, leaving an approximate 3cm border on the left side. Don’t glue down just yet.
5. Using the second sheet of paper, cut out your elements e.g. flowers, and place under and over the left side of the left photograph. Then, glue the photographs and the flowers down.
6. Take four flowers and layer them to create two flowers, punch two circles from the left over patterned paper for the centres and adhere along the bottom left corner and bottom of the photograph on the left side. Cut out two petals to place underneath one of the flowers.
7. Using the foam thickers, place your title along the top of the photograph on the right side and finally, write your journaling along the top and right edge of the page.
If you have a go at the class and want to share your layout just pop a link to it in the comments box, we would love to see what you have created.