Outside my comfort zone!
It’s a new year and a lot of news is coming… I already have a few favorite collections! Can’t wait to see them live! 😀
But while I wait for new collections I’m trying to use up some of my stash… I need to make some room! When I first get some new products I always use up my favorite bits first and then I end up with a lot of bits and pieces I find harder to use… and I can’t throw anything away, even if there is just one sticker left on a sticker sheet!
Sooo I need to step outside of my comfort zone and use those stickers and ephemera I find so hard to use!
Week 49 – Amy Tangerine Stitched
I bought the gold dots from Jen Hadfield last year. I have been using them on everything… and they are sooo many! My plan was to use them all up for this blog post… I failed… still got a few left! Hope she will have something similar in her newest collection!
With all the old I used for these spreads… I also wanted to use something new (new to me). And Amy Tangerine – Stitched is almost new. And it is pretty and very versatile! I seldom use cut apart sheets, but here I did… and left my comfort zone! 😀
Week 50 – Using up some stickers
Sometimes you buy things you really love and want to use… but then you end up hording it. The sticker sheet with words (from Studio Calico, but almost every collection has one similar)… was so pretty and pink and I wanted to save it for ever. But no! I needed to make room for news! So I used it.. a lot of it!
Tabs… I never use tabs! The tabs on sticker sheets and in the ephemera packs are always left there… but not anymore! I used 3 of them on this spread! And I actually love to see when my old sticker sheets gets all used up (I have only a few stickers left now)!
It is very helpful to use a natural background when you want to use up your stash…
Week 51 – Amy Tangerine Stitched 2
This spread is way out of my comfort zone!
I used my own handwriting and even made some doodling! Wow!
The collection Stitched is very playful and it felt nice to let go of everything and just play away! 😀 I’m not sure I love this spread… but it grows on me… I might try something similar again!
Week 52 – My kind of spread + One Christmas page
When I worked with this spread I felt like myself… this is the style I love and think is easy to do! And it is Maggie Holmes… so for spring… I will totally get her new collection! 😀
So this is Christmas! My kind of Christmas! 😀
For the next page I made it very simple with gold dots, cork, paper, snowflakes and stitching! And I matched my PL page with a 12*12 layout…
I didn’t take so many photos… it was so dark outside and hard to take pretty photos… 🙁
12*12 layout – Scary Santa
We managed to get one super photo at Christmas! So… I really felt like it needed an own page! I made an easy and clean page with a big stitched circle. I cut patterned paper and cork in different triangle shapes… matched them with gold dots and snowflakes.
- American Crafts – Amy Tan Stitched – Interlock Paper
- American Crafts – Amy Tan Stitched – Everyday Chipboard Thickers – Kraft
- American Crafts – Amy Tan Stitched – Cardstock Die Cuts
- American Crafts – Amy Tan Stitched – Kraft w/ Gold Accents Sticker Roll
- American Crafts – Amy Tan Stitched – Scissors Paper
- American Crafts – Amy Tan Stitched – Transparent Accent & Phrase Stickers
- American Crafts – Amy Tan Stitched – Box Pleat Paper
- Crate Paper – Kiss Kiss – Cardstock & Vellum Ephemera Die Cuts
- Crate Paper – Kiss Kiss – Journaling & Title Stickers
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – 12×12″ Chipboard Shapes
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – 3×5 Paper
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Accent & Phrase Stickers
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Die Cut Ephemera
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Die Cut Vellum Shapes
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Floral Ephemera Flowers & Leaves
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Rub On Accents
- Crate Paper – Notes & Things – 12×12″ Adhesive Chipboard Shapes
- Crate Paper – Notes & Things – Ephemera Pack
- Pebbles – Jen Hadfield Home + Made – Gold Glitter Dot Stickers
- American Crafts – Be Merry – Iceplum Snowflake Stickers
- Heidi Swapp – September Skies – Aspen Paper