From old to new(ish)
This month is almost the same as the last one… still trying to make some room for new collections… still trying to think outside the box and to make my spreads faster, better and more interesting! For each spread/week I will give some tips… or advise… or motivation! It is a new year and a new chance to start with project life and to keep doing it!
Week 01 – Go with the flow
I started my 2015-album with week 01. That means I have my New Year on the first spread. For this spread I just went crazy and pulled out all the bits I really wanted to use… and used them… not thinking so much on colors and themes. I think it turned out nice!
I often use 4*6 cards for these 4*4 pockets. Just use a card with a design that works as a 4*4…
Week 02 – Make new shapes
For the title card for my week 02 I used my Cuttlebug and some circle dies and made the some stickers the shape I wanted. I’m always left with tag shaped stickers or big squares… I have a hard time using a lot of tags on my spreads… but circles are very easy to use!
(And yes… I have no more gold dots!)
Week 03 – Try something new
I adored the book paper from Maggie Holmes… but it is a challenging paper to use! I cut it apart… and put it together again with the titles and the colors I wanted. Some books were too long… so I just used the prettiest part of that book. I also pulled out my old date stamp! I love my date stamp! I really like to stamp twice on the same place. It looks a bit more spontaneous and crazy that way! 😀
And we have snow here in Sweden! Lots of it! 😀
Week 04 – Buy something new…
Sometimes, you use more of your old stuff if you buy something new! 😀
I “needed” something new from the Notes&Things collection. So I bought a single paper. The cut apart one… and also journaling cards from Maggie Holmes Styleboard collection (it was on sale!!!!).
Week 05 – Dig deep
I bought the journaling cards from Maggie Holmes Styleboard when it was on sale. And deep in my stash I had some of the ephemera pack left… win! I dug so deep in my stash I almost saw the bottom of my drawers! 😀
And I pulled out all my old Maggie Holmes stuff… because the old fits perfectly with the new! Remember that if you are true to one brand!
- Crate Paper – Kiss Kiss – Cardstock & Vellum Ephemera Die Cuts
- Crate Paper – Kiss Kiss – Journaling & Title Stickers
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – 12×12″ Chipboard Shapes
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – 3×5 Paper
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Accent & Phrase Stickers
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Die Cut Ephemera
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Die Cut Vellum Shapes
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Floral Ephemera Flowers & Leaves
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Rub On Accents
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Open Book – Full Heart Paper
- Crate Paper – Notes & Things – 12×12″ Adhesive Chipboard Shapes
- Crate Paper – Notes & Things – Ephemera Pack
- Crate Paper – Notes & Things – Journaling Cards
- Pebbles – Jen Hadfield Home + Made – Gold Glitter Dot Stickers
- Pebbles – Jen Hadfield Home + Made – 6×12″ Phrase & Accent Stickers
- American Crafts – DIY Shop 2 – Gold Glitter Heart Stickers
- Crate Paper – Maggie Holmes Styleboard – Journaling Cards
- Crate Paper – Notes & Things – Memo Paper
- American Crafts – 12×12″ Woodgrain Textured Cardstock – Nickel