NSD – Elements Challenge
- Mixed media background (paint – watercolour/acrylics, inks or mists, art crayons etc).
- Three or four colours picked from your photo/s as the colour theme for your layout.
- Fussy cut / hand cut ephemera from patterned paper.
- Stitching (hand or machine)
- Mixed Media – I scribbled a light blue Vicki Boutin art crayon on to plastic packaging, added water and mixed it together to form a watercolour paint. I then pressed the packaging upside down on to white cardstock, lifted the plastic, repositioned it and pressed it again, repeating the process until I was happy with the coverage.
- Colours – I picked the colours yellow, green and blue from the two photos, then added a little pink to match my dog’s tongue! (Blue Spot paper – ‘Adventure‘ paper, books – see below, yellow – ‘Stay True’ paper. All from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection)
- Hand cutting / fussy cutting – I hand cut the books from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams paper ‘Library’, the easiest way to make your own ephemera! I also fussy cut a little camera from the paper strip (see below) and mounted it with a foam pad on top of a matching camera.
- Cameras – I used a strip of Simple Stories ‘Smile, Cheese, Gotcha’ paper from the Say Cheese III collection, a matching decorative clip and a pink puffy camera sticker from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection.
- Heart – I love using hearts on layouts, I think nearly every layout gets at least one! This yellow enamel heart is from the Illustrated Faith range and can be found here. (I added a little pink enamel dot on it to make a triangle of pink accents.)
- Stitching – I love stitching on layouts and here it has a functional purpose as well as adding texture as it’s helping to keep the letter stickers in place!
[The die-cut ephemera is from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection]
You can post links here, but to be in with a chance of winning you must post a photo of your layout on our Facebook group ‘Hey Little Magpie Papercraft and Scrapbooking Chat & Inspiration‘ in the comments section under this challenge post and list which of the elements you’ve used.
All the challenges are open for a week and close on Sunday 14th May at midnight. The winner of each challenge will receive a prize of 1000 Hey Little Magpie points, worth £10 and everyone who enters a challenge will be placed into a big prize draw for a 3000 point prize, worth £30! The more challenges you enter the more entries you get into the big draw.
Thanks for stopping by, I can’t wait to see what you come up with!