Jubilee Mad!

Hi everyone, Vanessa here with my first project in a while and I’ve gone all patriotic as the Olympics and the Jubilee are coming up very soon!  I’ve seen a all sorts of versions of the Union Jack out and about in the shops etc, which inspired me to show how you can get all patriotic using any kind of paper or design.  For this project I have used papers from the Cosmo Cricket Evangeline range.

The main products I have used are :-

Cosmo Cricket Evangeline – Dandelion
Cosmo Cricket Evangeline – Rose
Cosmo Cricket Washi Tape
American Crafts Microbeads (Rouge)
American Crafts DIY Thickers (Poolside)
MME Follow Your Heart, Be Amazing Twine

First up is my layout “Bat It”.  For the background I’ve used an old rose and script stamp on some American Crafts Kraft style card and Ranger tea stain ink and I’ve machine stitched around the edge of the card. 

 I covered the DIY thickers with the washi tape, inked the edges and used glossy accents on the top.

The bunting is hand cut and the Union Jack stripes are hand drawn with a brown journalling pen.  I then machine stitched the bunting to the page and drew over the Union Jack lines with glossy accents.

I used another piece of washi tape on the bottom right corner, pleated, and then machine stitched over the top.

Next up is a card made up in the style of the Union Jack.  I hand stitched the twine in the shape of the cross, using a WRMK Sew Easy.

I cut out butterflies and roses from the paper, layered the rose and used drops of glossy accents on the top.

My next layout is a simple and straight forward page, Girl Explorer, which again has some stitching, this time freehand using the twine, along the bottom.  For the title, I covererd the DIY letters with the micro beads, which gives a lovely spongy look and feel.  I used the washi tape for the main cross on the Union Jack patch.

The small butterlies are cut from a small woodware punch.

For my last project, I decided to jazz up a 39p notebook from Tesco.

Again, it was a simple case of cutting out the strips and layering them, however, for the main cross, this time I used two strips of double sided sticky tape and sprinkled the micro beads over the top.  I wasn’t too sure it would work well on a notebook, but it worked really well.


 Thanks, hope you enjoy! 🙂 x

By opting in, you agree to receive marketing emails from Hey Little Magpie. We won't spam or share your details, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Data is stored and processed in accordance with our privacy policy.