We thougth it would be good to have a go at something a little different from the usual 12×12 layouts, extending our love of paper crafts to home decor. Cathy is starting us off with this gorgeous picture.
You will need…
October Afternoon fly a kite papers
Fancy Pants Artist edition frame
Dauber paints OR paints
Scrap of ribbon
Small heart doillie
Paper Mache frame OR any frame with a deep apperture would do. (mine is 10″ x 10″)
1. I stared off by using the reverse of ‘Lemonade’ paper to cover the edges of the frame, I then cut the ‘Front Porch’ paper into strips before placing this on top of it, making sure that I centred it matching it on both sides top and bottom. I put it to one side to dry.
2. I then took the ‘Homemade’ word from the Thickers pack, because these have a shiny coating & I wanted it red I used an emery board to sand off the coating before painting it red, I also decided to do the same thing to the ‘Love’ but did this orange. I did 2 coats on each.
3. I then took the Fancy Pants Artist metal frame and painted it in aqua on both sides.When the frame was dry I sanded the whole thing with a rough emery board making sure that some of the top layer of paper came off in parts so as to get an aged effect. I dusted it off with an old paintbrush because I didn’t want the dust to interfere with the rest of my sticking down!!
4. With the reverse of the ‘Ice cream’ paper I measured & cut it to the size of the apperture of the frame before using glue stick to stick it in place, I then cut thin strips of the reverse of the ‘Front Porch’ paper to go around the inside edge.
5. I placed a small heart shaped doillie to the back & the banner sticker across the frame corners, a journal card & a mini bingo card behind my photo arrangement.
6. Then using 3 layers of 3D foam tape squares I placed the ‘Love’ before fixing the metal frame down (using very strong glue – Tombow Multi) I sanded the fancy edge with my emery board to reveal the metal.
7. I then 3D foam ‘Homemade’ on top of the frame.
8. The little chipboard houses are from my stash – I think they are Maya Rd? I just covered these with small scraps of paper, sanded the edges & mounted with 3D foam, on the bottom right corner I just covered a scrap piece of chipboard, added a rub-on & some OA mini market letter stickers. I wanted to add a little something extra so just punched out 2 circles before topping them off with a rub-on butterfly & again using 3D foam I fixed it beside the mini bingo card. I tied a bow before sticking it to the metal frame link.