Echo Park Papers – Witches & Wizards 1 & 2 Collections | Jackie Ashton | Harry Potter Album 2021
,.Hi Crafters, Jackie here with the first of my blogposts for this month. I recently visited Harry Potter Studio Tour and decided that I wanted to make a mini album about my visit, but instead of using a pocket page one, I decided I wanted to make my own, using all the papers from Echo Park – Witches & Wizards collections
So after checking out a few YouTube videos, I came across one deigned by Lisa from Lollipop Box Club and I love how she as just cut into all the papers and all the interactive pages. For the base of my album I’ve used all the papers from Echo Park Paper – Witches & Wizards 2
Prior to construction my album I did make some paper embellishments as well as some fabric ones. Using the 6×6 paper pad I die cuts some tags and added ephemera.
I purchased some Harry Potter fabric, glued the fabric onto cardstock and then die cut tags using Elles Studio Metal Tag Dies, to add some added texture I machined stitched around the edges.
Following Lisa design, I assembled my album and hand stitched it together.
If you would like to assemble an album like this then here are a few hints and tips I think will be useful for my next album.
- Border punch pages before you add to the album.
- Use a long-arm stapler to hold all the pages in place before you begin to sew them together – this avoids pages slipping.
- print your photographs prior to assembling so you know how many pages you will need. If you don’t you can alway add additional photographs.
- print photographs in various sizes but ensure that they will fit on your pages. I have included different sizes and orientation for my album.
- I did measure my pages, but it can be constructed without measurements, as even the cut-off pieces are used inside the album.
- If using a We R Memory Keepers book binder kit ensure that your paper longest page length fits the guide.
Here are a few of my pages.
Behind my front cover I’ve added a vellum envelope that will hold my ticket.
For this page, I’ve used 3 of the Echo Park Paper – Witches & Wizards 2 – 3×4 journalling cards and cut in a strip, and added to the page.
and I can add a photograph to the middle of the pull-out. Then on the reverse I’ve added a flip-up so I can add some journalling and extra photographs.
I’ve added a sheet of vellum paper, which add additional texture to the album.
I’ve added some of the paper tags, only gluing down one side so I can tuck a photograph behind.
As well as adding some fabric tags to a pocket using a Echo Park – Witches & Wizards 2 – 4×4 journalling cards.
The construction of this album was so much fun, I have enjoyed adding my photographs and embellishments to the pages.
I will be back later in the month with my finished album complete with photographs.
Thanks for stopping by
Till next time