Hello everyone, Thank you for popping by to see what I have been up to, I’ve been really busy creating things for this months blog post. This post is a bit photo heavy so I will apologise in advance. There has been so much lovely product coming into the shop, its been hard to pick what to use for my post. I saw the banner die from the Jen Hadfield collection for Pebbles and this die just spoke to me. I love banners and bunting and seeing this die gave me so many ideas for my projects this month. First up I made a banner for Halloween – always a favourite holiday in our house. There are several Halloween collections in the shop at the minute but I decided to use the Witches Brew collection from Jillybeansoup. I picked the 6×6 pad and the pea pod parts and started to cut out the flags for the banner. I also ran the different papers through my die cutter with some of my other dies including the star die from Memory Box and the new deer head die from the Love This die set by Maggie Holmes, her Open Book collection. I also used the dies from the Jen Hadfield kit to cut the pennants for the fronts of the flags. Once all these bits were cut I inked them all round the edges with black ink. The pennants were attached to the fronts of the flags with foam tape and then I backed the whole thing on black glittered cardstock Then I added the die cut pieces from the pea pods pack and the others that I had cut myself to each of the flags. I used some alpha letters from my stash but these from Studio Calico would work just as well. I wrapped some gold thread around them to look like spiders webs and stuck some sequin stars and beads around as well to add some detail. Finally I attached the individual flags to a long length of twine. Here are some close up pictures of some of the flags And one of all the flags attached together. It hangs beautifully and will be going up in a couple of weeks.
The next banner that I made used the gorgeous new collection from Teresa Collins-Nine & Co. Again I cut out all the flags one by one with the 6×6 patterned paper using the die and backed each individual flag with cardstock. I used the ephemera, buttons and stickers along with some other shapes I cut from the papers using dies from my stash. I added these to each flag, using the same Alphas to spell out the word Autumn. I inked the edges of the dies and made little clusters on each flag – embellishing with sequins and coloured pearls. I added twine to the buttons and made 3D butterflies using dies and my butterfly punch. I used the same twine to string them together as before. I am really happy with how these turned out – they are up in my living room at the minute and will stay there till November. Here are some close ups Here is a picture of the whole banner – the detail is harder to pick out on this picture. I had some die cuts left over so I decided to make some layouts. I used a sunbeam mask to stamp the darker blue ink on this page. Distressed and inked the edges of the paper, then backed my picture on the left over bits from the 6×6 pad. I then added some cheesecloth to the back of the picture and stuck it to the page. I embellished with more ephemera and also stamped some cute animals using stamps from my stash and coloured them in with my Copic. I added these to the cluster along with more stickers and a button. This page was finished off with sequins from Nine and Co and some flowers from my stash. And for my final layout My final layout was made using the last of the scraps. I backed my 2 photos on the last little bits of the 6×6 pad. I made little clusters on the corners of the pictures, using the ephemera and the same stamps again. Another button and some more stickers and sequins and this one was finished too. I really enjoyed this months makes. The banner die set was so usable, I have many more ideas for banners to make, Christmas being the next one that I can think of! Thank you all so much for coming to view my post. I really do hope that you have enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed making it.